Scholarships Undergraduate & Postgraduate Studies
Applications are invited for the award of scholarships
4-years undergraduate and 2-years postgraduate studies
the project titled 'Provision of Higher Education Opportunities
for the Students of Balochistan and FATA (President Directive)'
- Program: 4-years undergraduate and 2-years postgraduate
- Tuition Fee: Tuition fee up to Rs 20,000/- and
Rs 30,000/- per semester for graduate and postgraduate program respectively.
- Monthly Living Allowance: Rs. 5,000/- and Rs.
6,000/- for graduate and postgraduate scholars respectively.
- Book Allowance: Rs. 3000/- and Rs. 5000/- per
annum for graduate and postgraduate scholars respectively.
- Traveling Allowance: Rs. 2,000/- per annum both
for graduate and post graduate scholars.
- Thesis Allowance: Rs. 5,000/- will be paid to
the postgraduate scholars only once.
- Initial Settlement Allowance: Rs. 8,000/- and
Rs. 10,000/- for graduate and postgraduate scholars respectively.
Who can apply?
Pakistani nationals-aged between 18-21 years at the
time of appearing in FA/F.Sc/ HSC as on closing date of the advertisement -
belonging to Balochistan and FATA interested to get admission in 4-year graduate
program after F.A/F.Sc/A level and 2-year masters programs after 4-year B.A/B.Sc.
or equivalent in HEC recognized institutions who have obtained at least 60%
marks in F.A/F.Sc/A level and at least second division (45%) in B.A/B.Sc. or
equivalent in any discipline.
How to apply:
1. a) Download the Application Form available at HEC website, URL:
b) Application form can be had from HEC, Regional Centre, Hayatabad, Phase V,
Peshawar (Ph # 091-9216646) or Project Director, Quality Education Project for
FATA, G-Block, 18-Khyber Road, Near Information Department, Peshawar, (Ph #
091-9213797, 091-9211061) and Deputy Project Director (Quality Education
Project), Department of Education, Government of Balochistan, Quetta. (Ph #
2. Type or Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS using black ink.
3. Attach attested photocopies of following documents with your
- SSC/O-level certificate and marks certificate
- HSC/F.Sc / A-level certificate and marks certificate
- BA/B.Sc. or equivalent (for postgraduate program)
degree and marks certificate.
- Computerized NIC or B-Form.
- Domicile Certificate
- Father's or Guardian's National Identity Card
- Father's or Guardian's Domicile Certificate
- Attested Passport size recent photograph
- Original Pay Order / Bank Draft for Rs 300/- (non
refundable, as test fee), drawn in favor of NTS.
(Photocopy of the pay order/ bank draft or any other form of payment is not
- NTS test for selection of the candidates will be
conducted at Quetta and Peshawar centers
- Selection will be based on merit and observing
regional/ district/ agency quota as prescribed by the respective Government.
- The students who are already enrolled in any public
sector university under the 4-year undergraduate and 2-years master program
may also apply for the award of scholarship but they have to fulfill all the
formalities of the scholarships i.e, have to submit all legal papers and have
to qualify NTS test and get merit.
- O-level / A-level applicants will have to provide
equivalence certificate and proof of grades/percentage from IBCC (Mandatory).
- List of selected candidates will be placed on HEC
www.hec.gov.pk/balochistan-fata. They will also be informed through
email and surface mails as well at their mailing address.
Closing Date for Receipt of Application.
Send the filled application form duly completed in all
respect along with attested copies of all testimonials, and Original Bank Draft/
Postal Order on or before 30 September, 2008 by close of office at the
address given below.
Project Director (Balochistan and FATA) HRD Division
Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan
Ph # 051-9080227, email:
Contact : www.hec.gov.pk, firstname.lastname@example.org